The first few months of your wedding planning process can be incredibly hectic and stressful. This is not to say that you won’t be happy or over the moon, but you might begin to become overwhelmed by all of the things you need to take care of. Even if you have help, making sure that all of the necessities are covered can be difficult to wrap your head around. Luckily, as you start to approach the big day, your to-do list will slim down a bit and give you some relief.
Keeping this in mind, you still have things to accomplish before your wedding. Here is a checklist of things to complete with two months left until your wedding:
- Develop a Plan with Your Photographer – You may have already met and chosen your photographer, but you need to work out a list of photos you absolutely want from your wedding day and reception.
- Send Out Your Invitations – This should be done around the 2 -3 month mark so that you have a head count for the reception facility. This will also help you make enough favors for your guests.
- Send in Your Announcement – Get your wedding announcement written and sent into your local newspaper (and newspapers where you might have lived before) before its deadline. Make sure your announcement and photo follow the paper’s guidelines.
- Connect with Your DJ and/or Band – The music played at weddings generally follows the same formula, but you have some veto power over the playlist. If you never want to hear I Gotta Feeling or Don’t Stop Believin’ ever again, make sure your wedding band or DJ doesn’t even think about playing them.
- Reserve Necessary Transportation – If your chosen hotel isn’t also your wedding venue, make sure you arrange for a charter bus or other service to help your guests get to and from the hotel safely.